Once you have received your new credit card; its need to be activated soon. It may be due to security reasons or something else but need to be activated soon once you get it. Activating your credit card allows the issuer to know that your credit card is in safe hands now and then no chances of getting any fraud related to it.
On the successful activation of your credit card, you are free to make various purchases. You can easily activate your new credit card online or over the phone. It is just a matter of few minutes and then you are free to make purchases with your card securely.
How to Activate a Credit Card?
Method 1: Activating your credit card online
All the credit cards belong to a website accessing which you can activate your credit card. The name and address of the website are usually printed on a sticker present on the card or you can also find it on the packet holding information that came along with it.
- Go to the provided URL of the website present on the sticker of your credit card.
- Create an online account using your required information such as date of birth, your social security number, email address, secured password, an account number and various others. Set up a username different from your email.
- If the credit card company wants; you need to log into your account once you have reached the website to activate the account.
- Enter your username and password to access your account.
- Once done with it now add required information asked during the activation process such as credit card number, name, security code printed on the back of the card, social security number, and date of birth.
- Review all the information to make sure all that entered is correct and then press the Submit button.
- Your card will get activated now. You will be asked to verify your account through a verification email as per security reasons.
- Verify your account and then remove the sticker and sign the card with your name. That’s all done with the process.
Method 2: Activating credit card through phone
You can also use your credit card using your phone number as well. Follow the procedure given below to do the same.
- Before going with the activation process you need to get ready with some of the required information such as credit card number, account number, security code printed on the back of the card, social security number or your date of birth along with your full name. Each credit card agency has its own customer care number available at the papers that come along with the packet.
- Dial the number printed on the packet and just follow the directions provided by recorded services carefully. You can use the keypad of your phone to enter the required information such as credit card number or security code.
- On the successful submission of required information, your card will get activated within just a few minutes.
- Once done with it; just peel off the sticker available on your card with the activation information on it and add signatures to the back of your card.